Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Welcome little one!

Who ever heard of a cat pushing a dog in a baby buggy?  Here is a fun card to celebrate the arrival of a newborn baby or to welcome a new pet.


On the card base, I stamped Memory Box stamps, Birch Branch Print and Leaf Canopy in light blue and green inks.  I cut apart the Grand Oak Tree and positioned the two pieces behind the cut out circle, trimmed the edges, then added mounting tape to the back of the piece and adhered it to the stamped card base.  I used the Memory Box Chesapeake Scrollwork, Baby Carriage and Dancing Butterflies dies, as well as the Poppystamps Pouncing Cat and Frenchy dies to create the scene.  Those butterflies are the greatest, you can add them to almost any card for a finishing touch!   The little puppy is sure enjoying this one!  Until next time ...

4 comments:

Jean said...

Very imaginative! Great die cut choices for your composition!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this adorable card! I stumbled onto your blog searching for handmade cards and hoping because I live in the southern Cali area, that you teach classes. Please tell me you do! Your cards are amazing! Thanks! Kathy D.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sherry! Such a sweet card, especially for a new puppy arrival. As always, your cards are a delight for the eyes and heart.......Nance M

Anonymous said...

This is a guy speaking, and I have a mom who loves making cards. Just my two pennies: lose the cat. If you still need an animal, use a dog, a big dog, chasing a ball.