Thursday, February 25, 2016

Daisies and Butterflies

Hi everyone! Hope your week is going wonderfully! My card today features one of my favorite dies, Sketch Daisy, from the latest release. I have made so many cards using this die and all of its parts!

Good in Life - 1

I started with a white piece of card stock cut 5" x 3.75".  Using the "smooshing" technique, I used Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and a very tiny bit of Scattered Straw here and there for the background. If you haven't "smooshed", there are a number of You Tube videos that show how this technique works! I love it because this kind of background can be created in less than a minute!

Good in Life - 2

I cut three of the Sketch Daisy from white card stock, and used the negative space as a stencil. I laid the daisies out first to see where I wanted to place them, then used this as a guide for the daisy backgrounds. I positioned the stencil under the flower, removed the die cut, and sponged first with Hickory Smoke. After offsetting the stencil, I sponged Stampin' Up Berry Bliss, offset once again, and lightly sponged another layer of Berry Bliss. I did this for each flower. I slightly curved the leaves and flower of the full die cut flowers, and glued down just the stems, placing them so that the flowers were directly over the sponged daisies, giving it a dimensional look.

Good in Life-3

I stamped the "Time to Appreciate" cling stamp onto the piece in the upper left corner. I just learned this stamp has been discontinued, but you may be able to find it by Googling it. Just about any sentiment would work though. I cut one set of butterflies from the Mini Butterflies die, sponging some with Berry Bliss and others with Hickory Smoke, and placed them as shown.  I added a little bling before adhering this piece to the A2 card base with foam tape.  Using different sentiments, I think this card would be appropriate for just about any occasion.

As always, I had fun making this card, and hope you enjoy it!  Thanks for stopping by!

Sherrysig



2 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Saw this on the Memory Box blog and loved it! Was trying to find a link to pin your Wonder Bunny too! Great cards!

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE your style girl!