Thursday, July 14, 2016

It's a Delight!

Good morning everyone!  Hope you week is going along smoothly!

Here is a card featuring the Adelaide Stem die from Memory Box, along with the Arin Bird Background die and the Honeycomb die which I used as a stencil for the background.

Delight with Bird-1
I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 3.75” x 5”. I die cut the Honeycomb Background and using it as a stencil, I sponged Dried Marigold through the design onto this white piece, then splattered with Forest Moss Distress Ink. I cut two of the Adelaide Stems from green cardstock, covered the tops using a Versamark Marker, and embossed with white embossing powder. The bird was cut from tangerine cardstock and I sponged the edges and part of the body with Dried Marigold to give some dimension. The beak was colored with an orange watercolor pencil and I added a black dot for the eye.

Delight with Bird - 2

I arranged and attached the Adelaide Stems to the back of the bird, and mounted that with foam tape. I decided to add some sparkly Stickles to the tops of the flowers. A few sequins completed the arrangement, which I then mounted to a green card base with foam tape.

Delight with Bird - 3
Thanks for stopping by!!

 Sherrysig

1 comment:

Kathy Raker said...

I just came across your blog and so glad I did. Love your work,this is adorable.