Sunday, May 14, 2017

Lavender Kisses

Hello friends! Happy Mother's Day! And Happy Birthday to my mom in Heaven. I miss you every single day.

The card below was posted on the Memory Box "Outside the Box" blog on 3/28/17, This was such a fun card to make and I hope it will bring some joy.


Lavender Kisses - 1

My A2 card base was cut from a pale gray card stock. I cut a frame from white card stock using two of the dies from the Rectangle Basics set. I also cut a frame from the Petite Doily Frames, and snipped off one long side. I sponged Milled Lavender on this piece, and edged it with a touch of Dusty Concord. I adhered this along the right side of the white frame. I added the tiny sentiment to the bottom right corner of the frame.

I cut one Antilles Floral Border from white card stock and snipped away the two flowers on the left. I cut the border again, but this time positioned the die so that only the three flowers on the right were cut. I sponged my fav … Peeled Paint … on the stems and leaves, and sponged Seedless Grapes on all of the flowers, varying the pressure to get different shades. To add some dimension, I shaped the top flowers and adhered them over the other flowers, offsetting them just a bit. I then adhered this to the bottom of the frame, snipping off the excess from the bottom.

Lavender Kisses - 2

I cut two of the Lavender Bunch from white card stock, and added Peeled Paint to the leaves and stems of one. I sponged Milled Lavender on all of the flowers, and shaded them with Dusty Concord. I snipped off the flowers from one die cut, shaped them, and added them over the top of the corresponding flower, again offsetting them just a bit. I also sponged a small area of white card stock with Dusty Concord, and die cut the Mini Butterflies from that area.

Now for the assembly. I added foam tape to the back of the frame, but before I adhered it to the card base, I held it over the base, and positioned the lavender flowers where I wanted them, adhering them in place, then adhered the frame. The three tiny butterflies were adhered where shown, and I decided to add some white dots with a gel pen to finish off the card.

Here are links to the dies I used:

Have a peacefully blessed day today!





No comments: