Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Little Lavender

It's a peaceful, quiet Sunday, and it's about time I posted again, yes?  I refuse to bore you with details as to why it's been so long.  We will simply move on.  With any luck today, I will have some uninterrupted time to actually get ahead of the game a little. 

Since my last post, I have become a new member of the Memory Box Outside the Box Design Team.  I am so honored and excited about this opportunity.  Below is my first post for Memory Box, and I hope to inspire my viewers with their wonderful dies, stencils and stamps.  There will also be some classes within the next month or so at Ultimate Hobbies sometime after they move to their new location. I will keep you posted on that.

So here is my card featuring the Long Stem Lavender die. This is one of the cards we will be creating at our next Memory Box class at Ultimate Hobbies.



I cut two sets of the Long Stem Lavender die, and one extra stem to add some curly filler. The flowers were sponged with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and enhanced with Wink of Stella glitter brush before being adhered to the stems. I cut two of the Lenora Bloom in two shades of green, and snipped off everything above the leaves.  After sponging Shabby Shutter Distress Ink on the leaves, I arranged them as shown around the bottom of the lavender stems. 

I love the Open Studio Rectangle Layers sooo much!  I cut one of the layers, spattered with lavender ink, and added a sheer length of ribbon before adding the lavender and leaves.  I created a banner using the “Wishing You a Happy Day” stamp, curved the banner a bit and then added it to the layered piece as well.  I adhered the assembled layer to the card front, and added some gem stones to finish.

Thanks for stopping by, and there will be more to come! 



 

2 comments:

Linda Crowder said...

I really love your designs, especially this one! Just beautiful!

lecardonbleu.com said...

Thank you, Linda!