Friday, April 3, 2015

More Apples!


The card below features one of my favorites from Poppystamps, the An Apple a Day die, which I think is so versatile. 




I used the Memory Box Texture Splatter stencil for the background on the tag, which I cut from one of the smaller dies in the Open Studio Rectangle Layers set, and used a corner punch at the top. I then sponged Scattered Straw distress ink through the Texture Mesh stencil for the backround, and also sponged the edges.  I cut white and green apples from the An Apple a Day die, and chose three of the larger ones.  I sponged Dried Marigold on the white ones, and shaded them with Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick.  On the green apple, I sponged Shabby Shutters ink and shaded it with Peeled Paint.  To give that little shaded dent at the top of the apple, I lightly sponged Frayed Burlap just below the stem, and also on the stem itself.  I added Peeled Paint ink to the leaves and adhered them to the stems.  I then highlighted the applies with a glitter brush.  



I adhered the apples with foam tape as shown. The “Thanks” is a word sticker from my stash.  I punched a hole at the top of the tag for the lime green ribbon, and adhered the assembled piece with foam tape to the front.  I scattered sequence and some green gem stones to finish it off, and there you have it!

Below is a slightly different version of the card. 



Thanks again for stopping by!


1 comment:

Briana Cooper said...

Thankk you for writing this