Saturday, December 19, 2015

A Simple Merry

Merry almost Christmas!  Here is a simple holiday card that's fast and easy to put together.






I cut a 5" x 3.75" piece of cream card stock, and lightly sponged Peeled Paint Distress Ink onto this piece through one of my go-to stencils, Adornment ... love this stencil!  I went very lightly on the pouncing.  I cut the heart frame using the second and third largest hearts in the Glorious Hearts set from cream card stock and inked it with Peeled Paint.  From cream card stock, I cut the three separate snowflakes that come in the bundle, and then cut the Wintry Snowflake from dark green card stock.  I arranged this on top of and through the opening of the heart as shown.


I absolutely love how this die perfectly hugs this heart.  It perfectly hugs other shapes as well, and it's one of my favorites.  I cut another one from a rich red card stock, snipped off one of the red snowflakes, and added it to the heart center just for a pop of color.  I'll save the rest of the die cut for another card.  From the Moose Crossing stamp set, I snipped the "Merry" from the "Merry Christmoose" stamp, inked it in Fired Brick Distress Ink and stamped it as shown.  I added mounting tape to the back of the stenciled piece and adhered it to the card front.  I added mounting tape to the back of the assembled heart as well and adhered that to the top of the stenciled piece.  I added some glitter to the cream snowflakes for a little shimmer.  Easy peasy!!!
So glad you topped by.  I wish everyone the merriest Christmas and and a very Happy New Year!








1 comment:

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous design Sherry! I love how you stencil the backgrounds and add so many pretty embellishments.