It's now officially Friday! I hope you're gearing up for a great weekend!
Oh my gosh, the holidays are flying by and
Easter is coming soon! My card today is a little different as Easter
cards go. It was a "delight" to make, but then I always have fun making
cards! So here we go ...
I started with a black card base, and cut a piece of white card stock
to 5.5" x 3.75". I sponged my favorite green ink, Peeled Paint
Distress Ink, through the Distressed Grid stencil onto the white piece,
keeping it light and sporadic. I then adhered this to the base, leaving a
slightly wider margin on the left.
I die cut the largest egg
from the Half a Dozen Eggs set from black card stock. I die cut two of
the Tanglewood Frame dies from white card stock. On one of the die cuts,
I again used the largest egg die to cut the egg shape from the
background, making sure to include the flower. I lightly sponged Shabby
Shutters Distress Ink over all but the flower. On the flower, I sponged
Squeezed Lemonade and shaded with Dried Marigold. I then lined up and
adhered the Tanglewood egg shape to the black egg. From the other
Tanglewood background die cut, I snipped out the leaves and sprigs,
sponging over these pieces with Peeled Paint ink. I also snipped out the
flower and sponged on the same colors as the first one.
I adhered the snipped flower over the corresponding one, turning it
slightly, and added some yellow Prills to the center. I next adhered
the snipped leaves over the corresponding leaves on the egg. I used
foam tape to adhere the assembled egg onto the card front. I applied
glue to the bottom edges of the other three sprigs and tucked them
behind the egg as shown. For the sentiment, I used washi tape to cover
everything on the stamp but the word Delight, inked it with Versafine
Black ink, removed the tape and stamped where shown.
I'm going to experiment with cutting other shapes from the Tanglewood
Frame background! It's such a versatile die and so delicate. I hope
you'll give it a try too! Thanks for stopping by, and have a great