Friday, February 19, 2016

Delight

It's now officially Friday! I hope you're gearing up for a great weekend!

Oh my gosh, the holidays are flying by and Easter is coming soon!  My card today is a little different as Easter cards go.  It was a "delight" to make, but then I always have fun making cards!  So here we go ...

Delight - 1
I started with a black card base, and cut a piece of white card stock to 5.5" x 3.75".  I sponged my favorite green ink, Peeled Paint Distress Ink, through the Distressed Grid stencil onto the white piece, keeping it light and sporadic. I then adhered this to the base, leaving a slightly wider margin on the left.

I die cut the largest egg from the Half a Dozen Eggs set from black card stock. I die cut two of the Tanglewood Frame dies from white card stock. On one of the die cuts, I again used the largest egg die to cut the egg shape from the background, making sure to include the flower.  I lightly sponged Shabby Shutters Distress Ink over all but the flower. On the flower, I sponged Squeezed Lemonade and shaded with Dried Marigold.  I then lined up and adhered the Tanglewood egg shape to the black egg. From the other Tanglewood background die cut, I snipped out the leaves and sprigs, sponging over these pieces with Peeled Paint ink. I also snipped out the flower and sponged on the same colors as the first one.
Delight - 2
I adhered the snipped flower over the corresponding one, turning it slightly, and added some yellow Prills to the center.  I next adhered the snipped leaves over the corresponding leaves on the egg.  I used foam tape to adhere the assembled egg onto the card front.  I applied glue to the bottom edges of the other three sprigs and tucked them behind the egg as shown.  For the sentiment, I used washi tape to cover everything on the stamp but the word Delight, inked it with Versafine Black ink, removed the tape and stamped where shown.

Delight - 3
I'm going to experiment with cutting other shapes from the Tanglewood Frame background! It's such a versatile die and so delicate. I hope you'll give it a try too!  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!


1 comment:

Pam Sparks said...

gorgeous! What a wonderful/creative take on the tanglewood die!